Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

I'm kinda slow in posting some new information from the Church. But I'm here now!

"Elder Neil Linden Andersen, 57, was named the newest apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Saturday during the morning session of the Church’s 179th Annual General Conference."

You can go here to read more about Elder Andersen and his new calling.

There is also a press release from the Church News as Elder Andersen met with reporters and answered questions regarding his new calling. Following are a few of his remarks:

"I'm very humbled by this day, very overwhelmed at what is ahead of me, and the great honor and responsibility that has come to me," he said. "I would express my appreciation to the members of the Church who voted to sustain me, and I pray that I can become what I must become in the years ahead."
"I'm not sure how it will change our lives, except that it will make us more contemplative and ponderous. Our own spiritual development must increase, which we are hoping it can do."

You can click on the article title to read the full report:

"'Great honor and responsibility' have come to him" by Sarah Jane Weaver Church News staff writer


Elder Andersen also shared his testimony with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during General Conference:

"Above all, we proclaim our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ," he said Sunday morning. "All that we are, all that we will ever be, we owe to Him. While we gaze in awe at His majesty, He does not ask us to stay our distance, but bids us to come unto Him: 'I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him'" (Revelation 3:20)."


The Lord is at the helm. He knows what He is doing and He will guide us if we believe in Him!

No comments: