Monday, April 20, 2009

Believe in Yourself

"I believe in myself. I do not mean to say this with egotism or arrogance, but I believe in my capacity and in your capacity to do good, to make some contribution to this society of which we are a part. I believe that I am a child of God endowed with a divine birthright. I believe that there is something of divinity within me and within each of you. I believe that we have a godly inheritance and that it is our responsibility, our obligation, and our opportunity to cultivate and nurture the very best of these qualities within us. I do not have to be a scrub, though my work may be menial. Though my contribution may be small, I can perform it with dignity and offer it with unselfishness. My talents may not be great, but I can use them to bless the lives of others. I can be one who does his work with pride in that which comes from his hand and mind. I can be one who works with respect for my associates, for their opinions, for their beliefs, with appreciation for their problems, and with a desire to help them should they stumble. I believe in the principle that I can make a difference in this world."
Gordon B. Hinkley
("Articles of Belief," Bonneville International Corporation Management Seminar, February 10, 1991.)

No comments: