Sunday, July 12, 2009

Scripture Thought

I feel as though this blog falls by the way side a little for me. I have three blogs, and usually my personal and cooking blogs get more updates than this one does. But I've been trying to write in a "scripture journal" with some thoughts from my studies in the scriptures and I've decided that I'm going to try and share some of those thoughts here. I can't guarantee that these thoughts will be daily, but I am going to try to have them more frequently so it will be a "spiritual journal" for me and not just a record of events and quotes that have helped me in some way.

Scripture Thought
1 Nephi 17:13 -
"And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led. "

Though this scripture is specifically talking to Lehi's family and their situation as they strive to get to the promised land, I think it can apply to our personal lives as well. God lightens our journey through life, this "mortal wilderness", with the scriptures, personal revelation, prophets, temples, and the gift of the Holy Ghost. He provides the way for us to get through life and trials by means of the Atonement, so that we can return to the "promised land," the Celestial Kingdom, on the provision that we keep His commandments. Because we know it is through the Atonement that we are able to return to live with God again, we know it is by our Savior - only through Him - we are led to that ultimate goal.

Any other thoughts?

No comments: