Thursday, September 15, 2016

Let's Revive This Blog

It's been a long, long time since I've posted anything on this blog! I do not know why, but I have felt impressed that I need to start it back up again. What am I going to be posting? I have no idea. Who will read it? Maybe no one. But that isn't the point. The point is that I need to be better at following the promptings I receive from the Holy Ghost and I really feel that writing on this blog is something I'm being directed to do at this time in my life.

It's been a really long time since I posted anything here. Seven years, in fact. Seven! That's such a long time. I had all but forgotten about this blog, in fact. Then a couple weekends ago my husband, Dan, and I attended his niece's sealing in the Rexburg, Idaho, temple. While I was sitting there, thinking about the beautiful place a temple is and learning even more about symbolism and what the temple really means for us (I'll post about this experience later), I suddenly thought, "I need to write about this." As I pondered on that thought I wondered how I should write about it. I was just thinking of my journal when I received a very distinct thought that I should write about it on this blog. I have learned that, for me personally, when I get a thought out of nowhere, especially about something so far removed from my daily thoughts as this blog was, that it is an inspired thought.

As I said, that was a couple weekends ago and I am just now getting to this. Why so long? Because I ignored the prompting. But then as time has gone on, the thought keeps coming to me more and more frequently. So I'm choosing to follow that prompting and revive this blog. And I suppose we'll see where it goes. :)

Since it's been so long I think I should reintroduce myself and my family.

I am married to the most wonderful man for me. His name is Dan and he is my perfect companion. He completes me in every way. We met as students attending BYU-Idaho--we were in the same Family Home Evening group. It's a pretty classic story. :) After dating for about six months, we were sealed in the Logan, Utah, temple. That was just over ten years ago and what a great ten years they've been! Ups and downs, learning curves, laughter and tears. Truly there is opposition in all things and getting through all the tough times makes marriage even better.

I am also a mother to three beautiful and busy children. My Liv is six years old; she is my daily dose of sunshine. Dal is four and he is spunky and sensitive and sweet and my little buddy. And James is one year old and is already so busy but his smiles can light up a room. This is my beautiful family in my beautiful life.

My family is my everything; without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I would be incomplete. But in addition to being a wife and mother, I am also a daughter, a granddaughter, a niece, aunt, cousin, friend. I am a baker always looking for a good reason to make cupcakes; a note writer and collector of cute note cards; a vocalist, primarily of classical music, but I dream of singing easy jazz and oldies (like, really old); a chocolate lover, particularly good German dark chocolate; and a recovering perfectionist. Welcome to my world.

No comments: